Idaho Traumatic Brain Injury
Virtual Program Center
Institute of Rural Health
Idaho State University
Hold Harmless Agreement
By entering the ISU-IRH Traumatic Brain Injury Virtual Program Center, you acknowledge and agree that you have read and understand the Terms and Conditions, i.e., disclosures, disclaimers, and agreements set forth herein, and that your agreement to follow and be bound by them is voluntary and is not the result of fraud, duress or undue influence exercised upon you by any person or entity.
You also agree to hold ISU-IRH, its Advisory Council members, affiliates, and staff harmless from any claim, complaint or damage arising out of or in connection with your use of the site.
Why We Collect Your Personal Information
We collect personal data in order to communicate with you, and in order to measure the efficiency of our site. We do not use the information for any other purpose.
You do not have to give us personal information to visit our web site.
If you do give us your personal information, we treat it very carefully. We never give out any personal information you might send to us to anyone without your dated written permission.
We collect personal information about you (including your name and e-mail address) only if you specifically and knowingly give it to us.
How We Will Use the Information We Collect
We do collect non-personal information about your visit to the site. We analyze this data to determine interest in various parts of the site and to study usage patterns, in order to improve the site’s usability. The information we collect for these purposes does not personally identify anyone.
We do not sell the information we collect on this web site, nor do we share it with anyone else unless you ask us to in writing.
Personal Information via E-Mail
E-mail is not a secure medium. We do not solicit the submission of personal information via e-mail.
Our Use of “Cookies”
What is a “cookie”? A cookie is a small piece of text information that is sent to your computer – along with a webpage – when you access a website. Your computer will give the information on the cookie only to the computer that sent it and no other site can request it.
- To track, on a statistical basis, the paths that users take through the site. This anonymous tracking allows us to improve our navigational schemes.
- To keep track of user context during visits to our bulletin boards.
Provider, Products, and Services Disclaimer
The information about providers and services contained on this website does not constitute Idaho State University – Institute of Rural Health endorsement or recommendation. It is your responsibility to verify and investigate providers and services. Please consult your own professional advisor for all advice concerning medical, legal or financial matters in connection with the services needed. Idaho State University – Institute of Rural Health assumes no liability of any kind for the content of any information transmitted to or received by any person in connection with the person’s use of the website. Also, references on this web site to any specific commercial products, process, information, service, manufacturer, or company do not constitute Idaho State University – Institute of Rural Health endorsement or recommendation.
Links to Other Sites
The Idaho State University – Institute of Rural Health Traumatic Brain Injury Virtual Program Center contains links to federal agencies, state agencies, and private organizations. Links from this site to other sites are provided for the convenience of its viewers. These websites are not within our control and links to them do not constitute endorsements by ISU-IRH and may be followed solely at the risk of the viewer. Once you follow a link to another site you are subject to the privacy policies of that site. ISU-IRH makes no guarantees about the completeness, accuracy, currency, content, or quality of information contained in the links to and from this web site. Information provided and opinions expressed by others do not necessarily represent the opinion of ISU-IRH. ISU-IRH will not be liable for any and all damages resulting from reliance on such information or opinions.
The ISU-IRH Traumatic Brain Injury Virtual Program Center does not contain any commercial advertisements. However, when visiting our web site, your Web browser may produce pop-up advertisements. These advertisements were most likely produced by other Web sites you visited or by third party software installed on your computer. ISU-IRH does not endorse or recommend products or services for which you may view a pop-up advertisement on your computer screen while visiting our site.
The ISU-IRH traumatic brain injury virtual program center contains information on many topics, products and programs. It should be used as an overview and general guide. ISU-IRH is continually making every effort to provide complete and accurate information. Program rules change and ISU-IRH information may contain errors or outdated information. ISU-IRH MAKES NO REPRESENTATION ABOUT THE SUITABILITY OR ACCURACY OF STATEMENTS OR DATA ON THIS SITE OR ITS LINKS TO OTHER SITES AND ALL CONTENT IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED. If you have a question, please send a comment regarding your concerns to the ISU-IRH traumatic brain injury faculty and staff.
ISU-IRH information does not render any legal, accounting, or other professional advice, nor is it intended to explain fully all of the provisions or exclusions of the relevant laws, regulations, and rulings of the programs described. Program or governing agency original sources of authority should be researched and used. The user maintains responsibility for consulting with appropriate professionals for medical, financial, legal, or other needed advice. ISU-IRH assumes no liability or responsibility for any errors or omissions in the information contained in the website or the operation of the website.
Any communication or material that you transmit to, or post on, any public area of the site including any data, questions, comments, suggestions, or the like, is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary information. Any information on this web site may include technical inaccuracies or typographical errors. Furthermore, the information may change from time to time without any notice. ISU-IRH may make changes in the materials contained in or described on this site at any time without notice.
ISU-IRH Live and Member-to-Member Areas (Public Areas)
If you use a Public Area, such as a chat room, bulletin board, forum or community, you are solely responsible for your own communications, the consequences of posting those communications, and your reliance on any communications found in the Public Areas. ISU-IRH is not responsible for the consequences of any communications in the Public Areas. In cases where you feel threatened or believe someone else is in danger, you should contact your local law enforcement agency immediately.
In consideration of being allowed to use the Public Areas, you agree that the following actions shall constitute a material breach of these Terms and Conditions of the User Agreement:
- Using a Public Area for any purpose in violation of local, state, national, or international laws;
- Posting material that infringes on the intellectual property rights of others or on the privacy or publicity rights of others;
- Posting material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by ISU-IRH in its sole discretion;
- Posting advertisements or solicitations of business;
- After receiving a warning, continuing to disrupt the normal flow of dialogue, or posting comments that are not related to the topic being discussed (unless it is clear the discussion is free-form);
- Posting chain letters or pyramid schemes;
- Impersonating another person;
- Distributing viruses or other harmful computer code;
- Collecting information about others without their consent; including email addresses;
- Allowing any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments;
- Posting the same note more than once or “spamming”; or
- Engaging in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits any other person from using or enjoying the Public Area or the Site, or which, in the judgment of ISU-IRH, exposes ISU-IRH or any of its customers or suppliers to any liability or detriment of any type.
ISU-IRH reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Unless otherwise indicated, record the dialogue in public chat rooms.
- Investigate an allegation that a communication(s) do(es) not conform to the terms of this section and determine in its sole discretion to remove or request the removal of the communication(s).
- Remove communications which are abusive, illegal, or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform to these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to any or all Public Areas and/or the ISU-IRH traumatic brain injury virtual program center upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Monitor, edit, or disclose any communication in the Public Areas.
- Edit or delete any communication(s) posted on the ISU-IRH Site, regardless of whether such communication(s) violate these standards.
ISU-IRH has several tools that allow you to record and store information. For example, My Account is a service that allows you to record limited amounts of personal information on a voluntary basis. The website servers and site maintenance is provided by AssistGuide, Inc. Only visitors with a valid password will be allowed access to and be able to save personal information in My Account and on Electronic Forms (Eforms).
You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person shall have access to your ISU-IRH passwords or accounts. It is your sole responsibility to:
- control the dissemination and use of activation codes and passwords;
- authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your ISU-IRH account and password;
- promptly inform ISU-IRH of any need to deactivate a password. You grant ISU-IRH and all other persons or entities involved in the operation of the Site the right to transmit, monitor, retrieve, store, and use your information in connection with the operation of the Site.
ISU-IRH cannot and does not assume any responsibility or liability for any information you submit, including to My Account, Eforms, or your or third parties’ use or misuse of information transmitted or received using ISU-IRH tools and services, including My Account and Eforms.
Visitors agree to use the web site only for lawful purposes and are prohibited from posting on the web site any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory or obscene material of any kind, including, but not limited to, any material which encourages conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any applicable local, state, national or international law. Please note that postings are monitored for compliance with this provision. In an effort to discourage such conduct, please note that all postings in the chat area will list the author’s name.
This project is supported in part by grant number 90TBSG0056-02-01 from the U.S Administration for Community Living (ACL), Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) , Washington, D.C. 20201 and Idaho State University. This project was previously supported in part by grant # 1-H21-MC07735, using funding from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS), Health Resources Services Administration's (HRSA's) Maternal and Child Health Bureau, and Idaho State University. Grantees undertaking projects under government sponsorship are encouraged to express freely their findings and conclusions. The content contained herein are solely those of the authors and points of view or opinions do not, therefore, necessarily represent official Administration for Community Living policy, the view or policies of the U.S. Government, the State of Idaho, or Idaho State University